1. What recent phenomenon in sport has been measured as being 102 decibels loud (as loud as a police siren)? Clue : Tennis
2. In 1996, general manager Bob Whitsitt began rebuilding this NBA team using players who were talented, but who had questionable attitudes and/or criminal records. This worked initially, as the team reached the Western Conference Finals in 1999 and 2000, but the strategy soon backfired on the Blazers as the local community soured on a team better known for its off-court antics than for its on-court abilities. The team began to be known as the "Jail ________". Name the team.
3. From his first days playing the game as a high school All-American at Everett High School in Lansing, ________ was a unique player. He earned his nickname when he was only 15, from local sports writer Fred Stabley Jr., who watched him put up 36 points, 16 rebounds and 16 assists in one game.
4. This legendary tennis player playfully acknowledges his well-known belligerence in media. Examples : his appearance in a 2005 car commercial for the SEAT Altea where he angrily shouts his trademark "Clearly inside the line" line at an officer who has ticketed him for parking incorrectly. He also portrays himself in the 2002 film Mr. Deeds where he lauds the title character for getting angry and assaulting an antagonist. Who?
5. The following is an excerpt from the New York Times.
HAVANA, Feb. 23--Cuban rebels kidnapped _________, world autoracing champion, from his hotel in downtown Havana at gunpoint tonight.
The unmasked men entered the lobby of the Lincoln Hotel while _________ was talking with three racing associates. One man guarded the doorway. The other walked up and stuck a pistol into _________’s back and ordered him out.
The racing star was quickly bundled into a waiting automobile, which moved off at high speed.
The rebel movement led by Fidel Castro immediately announced its responsibility for the kidnapping. A rebel spokesman telephoned news agencies and said __________ had been abducted by the rebels. The Cuban refused to say what would be done with the driver. Which F1 driver is referenced?
Answers go here. Deadline - Wednesday, 25th August at 2359 hrs.