1. Connect Mysore Paints and Varnishes Ltd. with Indian elections.
2. In the 70’s, diplomatic relations between two large countries greatly improved after a series of table tennis matches played between the players of these two countries. Name the nations involved in this ping-pong diplomacy? Hint - Forrest Gump
3. His birthday (Aug 20) is observed as ‘Sadbhavna divas’ and his death anniversary (May 21) as an anti terrorist day. Studied at Cambridge, married a foreigner and was an eminent politician. Who is he?
4. Whose last words were ‘Et tu, Brute?’ He was murdered on 15 March by a preplanned mutiny.
5. The present name of which game originates from a word which literally means 4 divisions of army – infantry, cavalry, archers and elephants which carried on their backs wooden structures used for aiming at the enemies?
Answers go here (please open in a new window). Deadline - Tuesday, August 31st 2010 at 2359 hrs.
Next Quiz - Sports Quiz 2 (Tomorrow)