1. Which song is being described?
Written in the key of A minor and mainly in common time, the song opens with an arpeggiated, hybrid-picked guitar chord progression with a chromatic descending bassline A-G#-G-F#-F.
The sections build with more guitar layers, each complementary to the intro, with the drums entering at 4:18.
The extended guitar solo in the song's final section was played for the recording on a 1958 Fender Telecaster
2. On April 8, 1994 at 7:40 a.m., Gary Smith, an electrician who worked for Veca Electric, was installing a security system at a mansion outside Seattle. What did he find there?
3. In the video for which song will you see these as the first six captions?
- Music Monopoly?
- One Corporation Owns The 5 Major Video Channels in the U.S.
- Is That OK?
- Last Year The BIG 5 Record Labels Together Sold about $25 Billion Dollars Of Music.
- 90% Of Releases On Major Labels DO NOT make a profit.
- Britney Spears' Last Video Cost $1,000,000.
4. Fill in the blanks:
After Don Henley's band broke up in 1980, he was asked about the possibility of a reunion. He replied that the band would play together again when '______ _____________ ________'.
5. Identify the band whose song fills in the blank:
And on the radio
You hear ________
That solo's awful long
But it's a good refrain
Answers go here (please open in a new window). Deadline - Saturday, September 18th 2010 at 2359 hrs.
Next Quiz - IIT Bombay Cliches Quiz (Thursday)