1. Also known to its fans by the nickname "Glorioso", this is an eclectic multisports club, best known for its football team. It is the biggest club in the world in number of associates, with over 155,000 of them. As a club oriented to multiple sports, it fields teams in basketball, rink hockey, indoor football (futsal), volleyball, handball, water polo, rugby, cycling, and athletics. Identify.
2. "______ is cheating. ______ is akin to death. Death physiologically, by profoundly altering, sometimes, irreversibly, normal processes through unjustified manipulations. Death physically, as certain tragic cases in recent years have shown. But also death spiritually and intellectually, by agreeing to cheat and conceal one's capabilities, by recognising one's incapacity or unwillingness to accept oneself, or to transcend one's limits. And finally death morally, by excluding oneself de facto from the rules of conduct required by all human society." Who on what? (Hint : It was outlawed in 1967)
Cricket Sledges (Identify the sledger and the sledged)
3. "I've been waiting two years to humiliate you again."
The reply : "Looks like you spent the time eating."
4. "Come on, just one more of the famous slog-sweeps before you finish".
The reply : "Look, show a bit of respect. You were in nappies when I debuted 18 years ago."
5. "... Look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here? There’s no way you’re good enough to play for England.”
The reply : “Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family.”
Answers go here (please open in a new window). Deadline - Wednesday, September 8th 2010 at 2359 hrs.
Next Quiz - Entertainment Quiz (Wednesday)